My new favorite soup from paleoleap! Very flavorful, and even the kids ate it, vegetables and all! That makes it an instant winner in my house.
Serves 8, Prep: 20 min., Cook: 25 min.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Paleo Cooking fat (I used olive oil – don’t use coconut oil unless you want the coconut flavor)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, melt the cooking fat over a medium heat, and gently cook the onion, garlic, leek, and chicken for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is nice and tender.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, bay leaves, thyme sprigs, and parsley, and cover it all with the 6 to 8 cups of chicken broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.