One of our family favorite recipes from our friend Stacy. I love making these muffins because they are quick and easy plus the recipe is full of things we usually have in our house. They are moist and delicious and never last more than two days with my family!
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 bananas, mashed
- 1 Tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup 72% chocolate chips or chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease 3 mini loaf pans or prepare 2 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Melt butter in a large bowl.
- Whisk in honey, if using. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Do not add the next, until the previous egg is fully incorporated.
- Stir in bananas, apple sauce, and vanilla extract.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon and add to the egg mixture, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Separate batter evenly into pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes for mini loaves or 25-30 minutes for muffins. Test for doneness with a toothpick or visually, wait until golden brown on top.
- Cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Or change it up –
Try substituting 2 cups grated zucchini for the bananas for some chocolate-zucchini bread!