WOW WOW WOW! This recipe from Paleo Leap is soooo good! And as an added bonus it is quick! The whole family loved it.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 8 to 10 slices good-quality bacon
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup or raw honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine the paprika, chili powder, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the entire surface of the pork tenderloin with the spice mixture.
- Wrap the tenderloin with the bacon strips, securing with cooking twine if necessary.
- In a bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, applesauce, and Dijon mustard.
- Melt some cooking fat in a oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the tenderloin on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Brush the tenderloin generously with the maple syrup mixture, and place in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until it reaches your desired doneness, basting with the remaining sauce once in a while.
- Let the meat rest 5 minutes before slicing.