Just discovered this awesome soup from The Texas Peach. Sooo good!!! Easy to make, and perfect for a cold, wet Seattle night. The whole family gobbled it up! Thank you Texas Peach!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1-1/4 lb bulk italian sausage (if using sausage links, remove from casing)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp crushed fennel seed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of water (more or less depending on how soupy you want it)
- 1 ( 5 oz) bag of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and begin breaking it up as it browns. Add the celery and onions to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the crushed fennel, garlic powder and stir to coat the meat/veggie mixture. Add the tomato paste and stir again. Add the tomatoes, water and zucchini and chopped spinach to the pot. Cook until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.