From In the Kitchen With Rosie, recipe by Rosie Daley
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 C shiitake or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C finely chopped onions
- 1/2 C dry red wine, divided (I substitute with red wine vinegar – NUMMY!)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast meat (16 oz)
- 2/3 C panko or plain dry bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste, divided
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1 large egg (or egg substitute)
Heat oven to 350 F
Place mushrooms, onions, 1/4 C wine in medium nonstick skillet. Bring to a boil.
Reduce head to med-low; cover and cook 10 minutes, simmering occasionally, until veggies are tender.
Meanwhile, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, parsley, 1 Tbsp tomato paste, Worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, Oregano, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in mushroom and onion mixture.
Shape turkey mixture into an 8×5 inch loaf and place in a glass baking dish. Spread remaining 1 Tbsp tomato paste over top of loaf; pour remaining 1/4 C wine into baking dish around meatloaf. Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes until cooked through.