Credit for this recipe goes to You Hunt, I gather. LOVE the flavor and it is soooo easy!!! A kid favorite too!
8 Chicken Thighs
16 Pieces of Bacon (2 pieces per thigh)
1/3 Cup of Raw Honey
1/3 Cup of Spicy Brown Mustard
1/2 Tbsp. Hot Sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Rinse your chicken thighs under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Line them up in an oven-safe baking dish, skin side up. (I used skinless thighs which worked just as well.)
4. Salt and pepper the skins. (I didn’t add any salt – figured the bacon was salty enough, but it’s your preference here).
3. Grab a piece of bacon and begin wrapping each piece of chicken making sure the skin side is up so that the bacon ends end up on the bottom. You can squeeze the thighs together a little bit (almost folding them in half) so they can be wrapped snugly then place them back in your dish. I used two pieces of bacon per thigh. You can never have too much bacon!
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, hot sauce and garlic powder until well combined. (I left out the hot sauce to ensure they stayed “kid friendly”).
5. With a pastry brush, cover your thighs using half of the honey-mustard sauce. Don’t worry about basting the bottoms. The juices start flowing and there’s plenty of flavor.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Baste the thighs again and let them go another 20 minutes.
8. Turn your broiler on and let them crisp up for 5-10 minutes.